Brighten Your Skin with Vitamin C
Hey Natural Beauties! Today's subject is Vitamin C. This vitamin is commonly included in skin care formulas because of the amazing benefits it has in enhancing the look of your skin. There's a lot to know about this mighty vitamin. Lets dive in!
What is it?
Vitamin C is a naturally occurring vitamin. You eat it in your fruits, foods and other fortified products. Its also included in skincare products. The most common forms found in skincare formula are L-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palminate, and Retinyl Ascorbate.
Sadly vitamin C is not stable in products that contain water (such as lotions, creams, toners, etc). It's potency tends to decline when exposed to oxygen.
For this reason, we use natural forms of Vitamin C, such as Amla (Gooseberry), Orange Peel, and Guava. We use it in a natural powdered form to ensure the strongest potency over the life of the product.
What does it do for our skin?
- It can regenerate and strengthen collagen. Collagen is a natural skin fiber that reduces as we age, contributing to fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C strengthens collagen which helps to smooth the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It helps with hyper-pigmentation (dark spots and blemishes). It naturally inhibits the enzyme responsible for these dark spots.
- It is great for repair of skin tissue. This includes helping with acne. It is a natural antioxidant which helps protect the skin from the bacteria that causes this condition.
What type of Vitamin C ingredients do we use:
We use natural sources of vitamin C such as
- Amla Berry (Indian Gooseberry): a common ingredient in Ayurvedic. Has more Vitamin C than an orange, in addition to other vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Guava Fruit Powder rich in Vitamin A (precursor to Retinol) and vitamin C as well as antioxidants.
- Orange Peel Powder has more vitamin C than the fruit itself!
We use the raw powders, with no water added. No water means the Vitamin C will retain its potency.
Our Vitamin C product:
Clarifying Mask with Turmeric, Guava and Orange Peel
- Suitable for all skin types
- Great for acne and blemished skin
- Great for hyper-pigmentation
- use 1 to 2 times per week. Add water and make into a paste. Smooth upwards over face and neck area. Let dry for 5 to 10 mins. Rinse well. Follow with a Serum.
Hey Natural Beauties,
All Vitamin C can make some people more sensitive to UV rays. As with all citrus it can be sensitizing.
Its best to use any vitamin C products during your night time routine.
Remember, always do a patch test as some people have allergies and sensitivities to different things (including nature).